I need a 72" to 120" mower QUICKLY!!!

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by hobbsd, Apr 19, 2007.

1. hobbsd

hobbsd LawnSite Senior Member
    from west wi

Hey everyone, I just landed a 50 acre contract (needs to be done in two days). I had plans to buy a TORO 325-D 88" but the dealer sold it on me before I could get it!

I need a similar mower, anything between a John Deere 925, Toro 325, Toro 455.

I need it soon, I don't want to lose this contract!!

Let me know if you have one, or know of a place or someone who does.

Thanks!

2. hobbsd

from west wi

Or any 72" ZTR will work.

Thanks

3. TriPLandscaping

TriPLandscaping LawnSite Member

Congrats. Did you try ebay?

4. hobbsd

from west wi

Yeah, I haven't had a lot of luck so far ( I don't want to drive to California to get a mower!)

5. TriPLandscaping

TriPLandscaping LawnSite Member

Ya. Might have been lucky and found couple near by. just trying to help

6. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

7. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

8. desii

desii LawnSite Member

Take a good look at the front deck on the Jacobsen. There are some serious dents/bends going on there. IMO, I wouldn't consider that machine for your new contract.

Check out eberlyequipment.com They have several larger mowers listed there. I'm not sure if it's been updated lately because most of the machines have been on there for a while.

9. desii

desii LawnSite Member

I meant to ask in my earlier post, what kind of area will you be mowing? Wide open or cut up? If it's wide open and you got a 580D, you could get it done in a day, but it would sit the rest of the week. Unless you were able to find some more work for it.

580D is rated (at best) at 14 acres per hour and a Jacobsen 5111 is at around 8 acres per hour. So, theoretically, you could do it in a day with a Jac, which would be much easier to trailer if you were to find some more large jobs.

10. gavinslawncare

gavinslawncare LawnSite Senior Member