I Need a Belt Diagram

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by liltat2mama, Jul 13, 2004.

1. liltat2mama

liltat2mama LawnSite Member

My father recently purchased a Hustler 4400 with a 72' Heavy Duty Dual trim mower deck at the beginning of the summer. My husband and him were both trying to fix a loose center blade and took the deck apart. They said they remembered how the belts were placed inside. When they had it all back together they started it up and noticed that all the blades were turning in the wrong direction :eek: ! after spending almost 3 hours they both gave up. they tried looking on the hustler home page but couldnt find any type of manual. The next day they both went to the store where my father got all of his parts from and they employee said they was a page on the hustler site that had links to the operating and service manual. well i looked and so did my husband and all of our searching led us here.
    if anyone can help please leave me a link or a belt diagram.

the mower deck model# is either 921563 or 924720

if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank You for your time. :)

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The page your dealer is talking about is for dealers only.
    Anyways... it does not have the manuals for the deck you need do to its age.
    One thing to remember is that the 72" HDDT deck has 2 blades that rotate counter clockwise and 1 that turns clockwise
    The center and left spindles spin counter clockwise and the left spindle turns clockwise, this is viewed from the seated position on the mower.
    I have no way of attaching a picture here.
    Hope this helps
    Pj