I need a carb adjusting tool for a shindaiwa 242

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by updara, Oct 21, 2013.

1. updara

updara LawnSite Member

Let me know if you have an extra one you'd be willing to sell!

2. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Senior Member

Good luck, I've been trying to get one for years and nobody will budge. It's the "we will lose our distributorship if they find out!" move. Not one mechanic will let me "have" one. They have said that there is a whole paperwork shuffle to get a new one because they gave it to them at the tech school for that series of engines.

3. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 LawnSite Senior Member

EPA fine of up to $32,000.00 in general public's hand

4. oliversgreen

oliversgreen LawnSite Member

Look on amazon, I know someone that got adjusting tool for redmax on there.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I brought mine from the dealer. They have them on amazon
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Greyst1

Greyst1 LawnSite Senior Member

i bought one, from my dealer. Like $20. Give them the part # 1st, maybe you can slip it through. It's somewhere here on lawnsite.

7. oliversgreen

oliversgreen LawnSite Member

It was definitely a homemade tool. I can't remember what the guys name was, something like the part guy. I can try to find out if you would like.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

Why don't you pull the carb off the unit and get the make (Walbro or Zama?) and then read the stamped model number of the carb.

With that info start your search for the tool. You can likely get it directly from the carb manufacturer or similiar. Just bypass Shindaiwa or Redmax if they don't want to play..

9. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Guys,
    It's not that us dealers or manufacturers don't want to play. Like I stated above it's a possible $30,000.00 fine from the EPA if they catch a manufacturer selling to anyone other than a certified dealer. Not my rules, blame the goverment and Al Gore.