I need a comercial zero turn mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by blair smock, Jun 13, 2004.

1. blair smock

blair smock LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

Hi guys, I need a comercial zero turn mower. Have a total of $5000.00
    what is the best thing I can get for the money, Largest deck and engine possible? Hustler, I understand has some deals also Exmark? Any Ideas appreciated, Bws

It has to be Commercial for every day use.

2. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

5K won't get you in the door on a new ZTR these days. You might find a decent used unit with low hours for that amount, but you would have to do a lot of looking to find one that isn't abused or neglected. Sometimes dealers will have trade-ins available for 5K or less but they usually go fast.
    Your best bet is to try to buy new and finance a small loan for the amount of cash that you don't have.

3. yourlawnguy

yourlawnguy LawnSite Member

Heck! I paid more than that for my walkbehind :(

4. Evermow

Evermow LawnSite Member

Just go ahead and take out a loan and write it all off on your taxes. That's the way I had to do.

As far as which brand, I don't own a ZTR, so all the advise I can give you is to get somthing you can get the best service on. Ask anyone here, and they will all tell you- any mower can suck if you don't have the right dealer support!!!!! Go around to your local mower shops and see who you like best. Who has the most professional-looking staff? Also, compair prices on labor too, because one day the warranty on that baby will run out. Hope this helps.

5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

The only thing that comes close to $5000 is a hydro walkbehind. The a stander but they are around $6500. ZTR start at $7500 to $14,000

6. Fresh-cut.com

Fresh-cut.com LawnSite Member
    from IN

I picked up a Dixie 60 inch on ebay for a mere $3400 granted it had 1000 hours on it but being as we are just getting started it was a great deal. Side note i only looked for ones with-in driving distance so i could go look at it.

7. turftammer

turftammer LawnSite Member

if you would want to make a little drive from ohio I now a dealer in southern illinios that has a used exmark 60'' cut with 800 hrs used by a father/son buisness so it was operated by owners only and is in pretty good shape for $4900 but he is a dixie chopper dealer and has not had anyluck getting rid of it because he's kind of off the beaten path and people don't come to him looking for an exmark and I somewhat know the guy and $$$ talks

8. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

My wb just set me back more than 5000, good luck. Why not use it as a down payment and finance the rest.

9. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

for dedicated commercial use, all you can get for that price is a gravely 34z (msrp 3999-4299). anything else you'll have to step up to around 5500 or so.

exmark makes the lazer CT that is aimed at upscale homeowners but they recommend for any commercial duties to jump up to the HP line. i think the CT lists for around 4899.

10. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

You can get a Toro Z100 44" ZTR for under $5K at the moment.