I need a commercial zero turn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by glock, May 5, 2008.

1. glock

glock LawnSite Member

Can anyone suggest a commercial zero turn for residential use? I currently own a cub cadet 42" zero turn with a 17Horse Kohler. It just doesn't do my beautiful lawn justice. I want better stripes and maybe a little more power. The cub cadet has trouble with my thick lawn as well. Keep in mind I also cannot go crazy on price or size, nor do I want to.

2. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

What's your top dollar amount? If you can spend around 6-7k, then you'll have a lot of true commercial options. Less than that and you'll probably have less options, but they will still be commercial duty.

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

this is one of those Q's that you will have to figure out for yourself.

I too am in the middle of a need for another machine, but not wating to go spend 8 to 10 thousand....

However, sit down do the math, and see if you can aford it .
    and how much it will speed you up.

If you dont have another operator for the Cub, then it will be waisted.
    mine as well sell it....

Good luck

4. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

5. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I'm a huge fan of the Dixie Chopper. I haven't seen a machine that even comes close to what they do. The Hydrostatic drive controls are extremely comfortable, stripes are awesome, and they have an OCDC. (Operator Controlled Discharge)

When A 72inch dixie can cut a football field in 15 minutes. Awesome.

The prices are fairly affordable, and they are designed to be able to work on them real easily. You don't have to take off three different things in order to get to the one part your trying to fix.

6. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

;):confused::dizzy::usflag:

7. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

i have a 50 inch dixie chopper for 3.5k, might be a little large for residential use tho

8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

My Cub Cadet Enforcer laid these stripes down. 54" deck....
    [​IMG]

9. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

what kind of grass are you going to be cutting? and at what height do you cut it? and how large of a yard are we talking about?

10. RTR Landscaping

RTR Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

If you want a good commercial grade mower, you're going to have to spend around $6000 minimum. I'm partial to Scag mowers, but there are many quality mowers to choose from.(Scag,Exmark,Toro etc.)Go test drive several and also buy from the dealer that gives you support after the sale. Good luck.