I need a Edgit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Dawg, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Does anybody know where I can buy a Egit in the N Texas area, or do I have to order one? I was hoping to have one for this weekend.
  2. 2stroke

2stroke LawnSite Senior Member

Fed-Ex baby!
  3. jdramr4

jdramr4 LawnSite Member

You will have to order it. And It's worth the wait. I don't even touch my edger any more.
  4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Same here. I only use my edger on edges over grown with sod at new accounts. Other then that, it Edgit all the time.
  5. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

Go edgit - awesome tool. I got 30% of my current mowing business because of my edge lines. Lots of folks can cut with sharp blades or leave nice strips and we all cost about the same but now body can edge free hand as CONSISTANLTY as you can with and edgit.
    The other thing is you can put the sheild between your edge line around a garden edge or flower area and the flower and scalp the ground and keep the flower safe. It is also much faster.
  6. XB 2002

XB 2002 LawnSite Member
    Male, from St.Amant, LA

How well do they work on a curved shaft trimmer ? I am a Homeowner and was thinking of buy a stick edger, but now I wonder if I could get by with the edgit on a Echo GT2400 Trimmer ?

XB 2002
  7. ALC-GregH

from PA

I haven't used one for a bent shaft trimmer. It uses a different style to create the same effect. The straight shaft Edgit works great.
  8. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Unfortunately, last ime I checked, they still didn't have one for my Husky 335LS. I was bummed... might have bought another line trimmer if I had known, but I got a package deal on a bunch of Husky stuff... 36" hedge trimmer, power rake, etc.
  9. ALC-GregH

from PA

Did you compare the Husky to any other trimmers? Bolt pattern should be the only difference.

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

need pics ...............