i need a good bagger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cutbetterthanyou, Dec 14, 2006.

1. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

i was wondering what everyones opinion on the best baggers in damp and wet grass and leaves are? where i cut there is not alot of very good grass, lots of clover and crabgrass it stays wet all the time. i have a scag turf tiger 60 with a bagger but it jams up in the tube every 15 feet. i tried out the exmark navigator it was alright but i was not very trilled with it.it also jammed up to and i didn't like a few things about the mower itself. i also considered a walk behind or wright with the grass gobbler ,but i think i would have to empty that to often. does anyone have suggestions?

2. greenbronco

greenbronco LawnSite Member

walker is coming out with a new deeper deck 52" bagger in spring also a new larger blower housing. there was just a post on it a few days ago. i have the walker 42" 2005 which is similar to navigator but conditions here are much drier than back east , but has jammed occasionally.

3. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Why dont you use a bagging system with a pony motor? I have a Peco system on my lesco, and it has a 6hp kolher motor that sucks every thing up. It is like a mini leaf loader.

4. cutbetterthanyou

i just fugured it wasnt much different than my scag with the belt driven blower, does it jamm the tube up ?

5. cutbetterthanyou

i checked the post on the walker. sounds great but i am kind of worried about being the guinie pig on a new design. they are also only makeing 100 new year sounds hard to get. thanks for the info

6. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I have a agri fab trac vac that will suck up wet leaves and thick straw with no clogging.

7. cutbetterthanyou

are these blowers still on when the blades are off ?are they like a direct drive from the 5-6hp motor. does the box that holds the leaves sit up high lke the scag cmalshell dump or are they more off the back of the mower like the 3 bag kind

8. Beau Rivage

Beau Rivage LawnSite Member

And I thought it was just Deere baggers that did that.:confused: Mine's fine for the most part until the pine straw starts falling.:cry: I'd heard high lift blades would help but they didn't.:hammerhead: If you go more than 1mph the tube will jam every time.

9. dozerdogue

dozerdogue LawnSite Member
    from CT

I have a grasshopper 428D and I swear the thing is unclog gable. I have used it to vacuum up 2-3 inches of packed wet leaves.

10. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, the blower can run independently of the mower. What I did this leaf season was park the mower, start the bagger system and rake leaves into it and it worked like a champ. The bag also sits up nice and high like a scag type.

Back.JPG