I need a grass catcher

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mtdman, May 17, 2004.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Any suggestions? I'd like one that I could use for leaves as well as grass. I'm not sure if I'd need one with a secondary motor for suction. I dunno, never had a catcher for my big mowers. Any input would be appreciated.

:D

2. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Its wonderful. Except when its wet out the blower needs cleaning regularly.

288.jpg

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

What are you going to put it on?????

4. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

good question John... Accelorator Industries makes a good one for walk behinds. But ZTR's????? You should use they manufacturer suggestions or their aftermarket products.

Tim

5. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry about that. For my two walk behinds. I bought a new/used mower this spring for gates, and it came with a bag. The advantages to bagging really long grass and sidestepping the mess with long grass have made it worth it to me to get one for my bigger mowers. I have looked at the Accelerator.

6. C & T

C & T LawnSite Member

Accelorator grass catchers

Shawn

7. Burger

Burger LawnSite Member
    from Montana

it is generally recommended that any deck beyond 42" or so wide should have power assisted bagging.

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

981-400.jpg

9. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

John,

That is HUGE.... I bought the extension for mine last fall but haven't used it for grass. I have mine on a little 36" Great Dane and it works great. I guess i could try the extension but I was wondering how I would get the thing to the bag stand and not spilling the majority on the ground..

But that is a cool picture..... I am buying the collection system for my new Grasshopper in the fall. However they are going to get me for 1600$ but I figure it will be worth it. buzz down the lawn an suck up the leaves then head to the debris loader. Should be fun this fall not having to blow them all the way down to the truck..

Tim

10. finmower

finmower LawnSite Member

This is working wery well, even wet conditions.

turku_721.jpg