Lawn Care Forum banner

I NEED A JOB quick

6K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  wils124 
#1 ·
I am tired of the rat race, so here is my proposition, I have FULL lawn equipment and enclosed trailer, I am tired of not making ends meet, I want to work for someone else, here is what I bring to the table, ALL of my equipment, NOT for sale, just for use, I am white, I speak spanish and english, I have full landscaping knowledge and FULL knowledge to speak to customers and to estimate landscaping or yards and like I said you can pretty much have another crew with me and all of my equipment, I just need a steady check, also I have 4 lawns that I am willing to bring all weekly mowing the 4 total $180 dollars a week, you can have them if you hire me, I just need a steady check around $700 or more a week, But I will prove myself and can also make sales for your company, I just need something steady quick, have a 7 week old baby girl to provide for, checkout my site, I am very professional its www.firstclasslawninc.com I need steady work NOW as in yesterday, call me and lets at least talk 817-907-8271 Toby is the name, Thanks

#4 ·
Yeah ok im not as good as I say I am, listen mr negative, I went through a divorce that cost me 38k and half my customers but I got ful custody of my 2 boys who are 7 and 5, I am posting a honest post looking for honest work, so if you dont have anything positive to say then KMA or say it to me personally if you ever see me, Thanks

#5 ·
If your good as you say you are, why do you need to work for someone else?
That is the most ignorant and inconsiderate reply. This guy is asking for help, not a handout or crazy comments like these! Help or keep it to yourself!

DJ-

#8 ·
Here is what you need to do. I don't know if your children stay with you fulltime. I think you said you have custody. If weekends not sure.

But.. What you have to do is lower your overhead. From here on out don't buy anything that requires a note. Get rid of your notes if you can. Buy everything used.

Second keep your business. Try and get an evening or night job. Try the airports, or the high school custodial, or janitorial, or hospital, or securtiy, police dispach. These jobs are ok because they carry benefits.

Work your night job and cut during the day. Yes you will be tired but try to condense all your cutting for three to two days.

Grind it out for two years to the point where you build up your clientele then go fulltime back to the business or continue.

Save you money, be there for your children and you can make it work.

I know because I did it. Yes it was hard, not being there for your family but i had to do what i had to do. Sometimes they don't understand:cry:

Hopes this can help.:weightlifter:

Race is not giving to the swift or the strong but to him that indures.

#9 ·
Good advice above. Try using craigslist to grab some jobs if you arent already.

Also, you need to fix up your guestbook man. Set it so that you have to approve posts. You've got guys on there advertising cell phones, gay sex sites, diet pills, etc.

Doesnt look too professional and might help you get a few more customers :)

#11 ·
First of all thank you about the guestbook, I had no idea, thanks again, second of all I have FULL custody of my 2 boys and am single, so I cant take a job working nights, I have to be here with them, they are only 7 and 5, im hoping someone in DFW see's this post and needs crew leader, I have the perfect set up to offer someone second crew and or crew leader, not feeling sorry for myself, just looking to help someone out and have them help me also, no harm in that, but what I dont need is anymore negative comments, I mean seriously what does that accomplish, hey Ive got an idea, see that guy down, lets go kick him, yeah that sounds great, ha ha thanks guys

#12 ·
All he is asking for is a job. He isn't asking for advise. Some of you guys are telling him what to do. You handle your life and let him live his.

Good Luck, Firstclasslawn

First of all thank you about the guestbook, I had no idea, thanks again, second of all I have FULL custody of my 2 boys and am single, so I cant take a job working nights, I have to be here with them, they are only 7 and 5, im hoping someone in DFW see's this post and needs crew leader, I have the perfect set up to offer someone second crew and or crew leader, not feeling sorry for myself, just looking to help someone out and have them help me also, no harm in that, but what I dont need is anymore negative comments, I mean seriously what does that accomplish, hey Ive got an idea, see that guy down, lets go kick him, yeah that sounds great, ha ha thanks guys

#13 ·
Thank you howard, you are somewhat right, I have in the past made my lawn service very profitable BUT honestly I think now that there is so many idiots in my area that I just cant compete, they drive the market down and hurt everyone, ohhhh he is doing it for $35 ok $30 then ohhhh he is doing it for $30 ok **** ill do it for $25 and so on and on, I mean damn, they are unprofessional and all they do is put us all out of business, and guess what, im almost there, I have drive and motivation, and i have advertising, I also have a rolling billboard on my enclosed trailer, and guess what, no one blowing up my phone wanting a estimate due to gas prices and also there being literally like 50+ lawn companies right here alone in my town of mansfield, so no not feeling sorry for myself but now trying to use my brain and do something quick while I still have a place to live..Howard is right though, if you have a job then great, if not then uhhh what will advice do, ive had 60+ accounts before in the past and now they just arent there, and its not because of quality its because of low ballers

#14 ·
So what firstclasslawn, I went through a divorce, I worked full time, went to school full time 4yrs and worked part time for 10 yrs.took in my 7ry. old brother: I was 36 then. Raised my 10 yr old son until he graduated from High school. Stop wining. You should always have a back up plan when things get rough. You aired your laundry here so take the comments like a man weather positive or negative. Just remember you can't take it with you when you go.

#18 ·
Hey david, do me a favor, go bake yourself a cookie and eat it, wow you did all that, I am so so proud of you, wow, youve been a member since 2005 and you have what 20 posts, wow I can tell you put alot of hard effort into this, Id give anything to live around you right now, because youd make all my problems go away because guys like you are easy easy to steal accounts from, and thats even leaving them the same price,

#19 ·
First class, I sympathize with your situation and i hope you find what you are looking for, but posts like the one you just posted wont exactly send the employers rushing your way. I know people on here are bieng a**holes but just keep your cool and carry yourself in a professional manner, even if it is a message board and you will do fine

Good luck!

#21 ·
First class, I sympathize with your situation and i hope you find what you are looking for, but posts like the one you just posted wont exactly send the employers rushing your way. I know people on here are bieng a**holes but just keep your cool and carry yourself in a professional manner, even if it is a message board and you will do fine

Good luck!
EXACTLY. Thanks for saving me the time in typing that.

FirstClass, We do sympathize with your situation but you come off a bit rough... Also, don't you think the situation you propose is gonna lead to some pretty obvious problems down the road with whoever "employs" you, assuming you get to do what you're talking about? ... are you gonna assume all costs for your stuff, responsibility for THEIR employees on your equipment? You could go on and on thinking of potential problems with this proposed scenario....

#23 ·
This is not a quick fix to your situation, however you may want to look into REO Properties (properties that have been forclosed). Easiest way to get started is drive around and look for properties that have a sign on the door and don't look occupied. Walk up to the door and grab the realtors number off the sign and call them up.

The up of REO lawncare - I worked 2 days (Yesterday and Today) - 35 Properties at 50 bucks a pop. What does this mean to you? you have 2 days of work every 2 weeks - more time to spend with your kids and extra cash. That is what this is, extra cash. Since the hours mowing are so minimal pick up a job at Home Depot or similar. It will probably be rough untill the REO Checks come in but once they start comming in it is a steady stream and you can still keep another job easily.

The down of REO lawncare - payment turnaround will take about 2 months to get the first check **NEVER DEPEND ON REO CHECKS TO PAY YOUR BILLS. It is never a sure thing when they will come in.

Check it out, maybe it would work for ya.
Just one of the many options you have.

Hope everything works out for you, as I am sure it will!
Joel
:usflag:

#24 ·
Firstclasslawn - You are in my prayers. I ran some ads down on the internet. You may have already looked at these.

Landscape Prof'ls Wanted. TX DL req. 817-727-5845 - Fort Worth (that is the only information the listing provided)

McKinney based landscaping/mowing company needs driver/mower. Must have valid Texas Drivers license and be able to read a Mapsco. Duties include driving, mowing and/or edging and heading a 3 man crew. Experience with Torro professional mowing equipment a plus. Call 214-733-8700 for interview. (they offer $500/week - less than you said you needed in your post)

Lawn techs needed to apply fertilizer and weed controls and to evaluate lawns and landscapes. Full time, year round, position. No experience necessary but must be physically fit. If you are the right person, we will train and help you get your commercial applicators license. Off on Sundays and most Saturdays. Drug test required. Call for appointment. Jurassic Lawn Care. 972-569-6980. (Plano, TX) ($10-12/hr)

Established Lawn Service looking to hire full time hard working individual. Must have lawn care experience and be familiar with commercial lawn care equipment. Must be dependable and have dependable transportation. Located in South Fort Worth/ Burleson/ Crowley. Tony 817-707-9216 (8.00-12.00/hr)

Small lawn care company in Allen needing a good get it done Forman.

I need a good guy with ability to get things done. That person should be able to Trim hedges well, line trim neatly, edge perfectly, and get to the jobs and get them done without any problems. I need someone that can take charge and get everything done as needed. Monday - Friday 8-5 or so.

I really need someone who can jump right in and go. You'll get a list of address and the job descriptions in the morning. Come back when it's done 10-15 jobs a day. 2 man crew for now.

We don't do much landscaping but if we are asked I'll need someone that can clean out, install and plant.

We have mostly houses but do a few commercial and HOA jobs. So we need someone that can ride a zero turn and get big projects complete in a timely manner.

The right person for the job will be given better pay in 2 weeks or let go. I need someone that will stick around and grow with us.

You should have a driver license and transportation to and from work. You'll have to be able to work outside in this horrible Texas heat. Must be able to drive a truck with trailer.Would help to be able to drive a 5spd.

Can you do it? send e-mail to job-762523094@craigslist.org

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.