I need a little more leg room.

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Piedmont Lawn, Jun 13, 2003.

1. Piedmont Lawn

Piedmont Lawn LawnSite Member

Hi,

I went today and looked at a Super Z very nice mower but it's a little short in legroom. I'm of normal height 6'5" :) the hand levers were in the middle bolt holes, which was very comfortable height for my arms, I don't know if I would like them in the top position could be too high. When folded in I had no room to push them forward with out hitting my knees.

Any chance of a little more legroom in the future?

Thanks!

Kelly

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Our engineers are working on making some more leg room on the Z's and Super Z's
    I will update you to when they are in production.

Later
    Pj

3. Piedmont Lawn

Pj,

Any idea on a time frame ?

Thanks!
    Klez

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I do not have a time frame, I will ask around and see if I can pry some info out of these guys...........lol

Later
    Pj

5. vahaus

vahaus LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I too am 6'5" and I had extensions added. I can push all the way forward now without running into my knees on my Super Z.

6. Piedmont Lawn

Vahaus,

Are you comfortable? I can really stretch out on my Gravely, lots of room but I guess that is the trade off the Super Z is a little more compact and you set lower so that also eats away at the leg room. I just felt cramped up and I missed my step the Gravely has for getting on and on the mower. Dang bells and whistles some of them ain’t worth a **** and some you get hooked on.

Later
    Kelly

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

My problem is in the gut area....lol...., having the extensions will really help you there, and for clearing your knees too.

Later
    Pj

8. vahaus

vahaus LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Yeah I'm okay. I mean its not a Cadillac, buts its not a Neon either. I'm only on it for about 2 hours MAX at a stretch but I could go much more if I had a bigger yard. I did test drive a Gravely and a Toro before I got the Hustler and at least in the case of the Toro it was the only machine I could sit on without any adjustments. The Gravely I thought was just a little different, guess I almost felt like I was going to slide off the Gravely.

Of course the Hustler was the only one with a seatbelt and that does help in my rough back yard with the suspension seat.

Happy Mowing

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am told by our engineering department that they should be in production by September.

Later
    Pj

10. Piedmont Lawn

Thanks Pj,

I know you will keep us updated.

Later
    Kelly