I need a mower!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by All_American_lawn, Jan 17, 2012.

1. All_American_lawn

All_American_lawn LawnSite Member

I need another mower for my fairly new lawn biz, the thing is I only have about 700 bucks left in the budget... I know its not much but it is what it is. Any suggestions?

2. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

21" honda mower from home depot.

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Check craigslist. I have a 22" Honda I bought from HD prolly 6yrs ago. Still starts on 1st pull.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Friend of mine just got a great dane 34" stand on with 168 hours for $900 on craigslist, he was asking $1500.. Got 7 extra belts and 4 sets of blades with it too. He brought it by on the way home for me to make sure wasn't anything wrong with it, it was perfect....lol

5. All_American_lawn

6. JBLandscaping11

JBLandscaping11 LawnSite Member

I would say no. Save your money. I just looked on Craigslist and after 2 months I got a 48 inch bobcat ransomes mower for 500 with a r. It's on you tube just look up jblandscaping11 ransomes
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. All_American_lawn

You guys are getting all the right deals! Send some my way!

8. jfoxtrot9

jfoxtrot9 LawnSite Senior Member

I actually had one of those years ago. Ran the tar out of it. Was a great mower for what it was. It sat in my shed for a couple more years and I sold it for a few hundred bucks. Mine looked a lot rougher when I sold it. That one is ultra clean for its age.