I need a name!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by agriforestry, May 14, 2008.

1. agriforestry

agriforestry LawnSite Member

Guys im new to the site and to the lawn care business. I have a job and a great one at that. I however love cutting grass so I decided to purchase me a new Grasshopper Zero Turn. I got it with the intention of picking up a few yards to help offset the cost.

This being said, I need a name for my new lawn care business. Better yet I told my wife it was her business so it wouldn't conflict with my job.

I have a pine straw harvesting business on the side as well.

As many of you know I think a catchy name is key. This being said I never seem to come up with those names until after the fact. Do any of you have any catchy name that you thought up after naming your own business or do you just have any catchy names that would be a good lawn care business name.

We have a Pro Mow in town and I like that. Just cant come up with anything on my own. Anything you send will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Mow pro
    Grounds keeper
    Grass handler
    Lawn hustler

3. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Grasschopper Lawn Care, since you use Grasshopper mowers. Like it?

4. lawnandorderny

lawnandorderny LawnSite Member

I get a great feedback and have been chosen for a job based off of my name which is Lawn & Order. Its working well for me

5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Like you, I didn't wanna name my business after myself... " I think It's sometimes hokey"

Joes lawn care <---------Puke....

what I did was named my business Kng lawn care..........the K came from my name Kurt
    the G came from my wife Gina........
    However. belive it or not, everyone started calling it KING, So I went back and changed the name to king, may not be real catchey but at least I have a story to go with it..

Good Luck

6. Lawn Care Louie

Lawn Care Louie LawnSite Member

Look in Yellow Pages and avoid similar names. Also think about something that is local to you, such as "Capital", "Delta" or "Tiger" (if that is a local High School or College team).

7. agriforestry

agriforestry LawnSite Member

I do like it, I want my wife to be instramental in the name of this business. I am writing down all the names that have been provided to me.

thanks to all who have responded and please keep them coming

8. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

I like GrassChoppers INC. and in fact I made a logo for it back when I was looking for a name for my company. Let me know if you want a copy of it.

I have another name however im saving that one for myself as a DBA since I like it so much, lol

9. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

Someone sent me a PM asking for the logo. Since I cant PM it ill post it here.

Its basic but it looks nice IMO.

GrassChoppers.jpg

10. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i guess lawnsite doesnt like brutal honesty in member's replies. either that or someone cried enough to have my reply deleted.