i need a new company name

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by betterview2, Nov 27, 2007.

1. betterview2

betterview2 LawnSite Member
    from mass

i went to register my company name "betterview lawn and landscape" to make it official and turns out there is someone in mass. that already has it so i am looking for help with new names if you guys could help me out i would greatly appreciate it thanks

2. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Try to think of something that is short and to the point. Those tend to be easier remembered. People sometimes have a hard time with mine. Southern Landscape or was it Southern Greenscape, etc. I would also work with someone to develope a great looking logo. You logo is more important than your name. look at Monster.com, YouTube, Ebay, etc. None of these mean much, but are easily remembered. Also try answering the phone with your name. Is it something that people can understand easily and is said easily by yourself or do you find yourself shortening it when you answer.

3. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L LawnSite Member

I totally agree with with Southern Landscape, er Greenscape :laugh:about keeping it short. Think about it like this. If you were to answer the phone with your company name, how long of a name would you want to say EVERY time you grab the phone?! Also think of how it will be listed. Absolute was fairly close to the front of the book (alphabetically), without jumping on the AAA tuft this or A1 lawn that. If you get my point.

4. Jb3NH

Jb3NH LawnSite Member

Why settle for Betterview.. why not BestView!

5. Southern Signature

Southern Signature LawnSite Member

you live in the north, you wanna keep it simple and easy why not northernscapes, northern lawn and landscape, or northeastern lawn and landscape or like JB3NH said, "Why settle for Betterview.. why not BestView!" or GreatView or GreatScapes... Sounds good to me. Let me know what you decide, thanks

6. mikeg1005

mikeg1005 LawnSite Member

Green Sleeves Lawn and Landscape

7. ATL Lawn

ATL Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

betterview lawn and landscape.com ?

(register it as Dot Com)

8. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

How about "EVERGREEN" or TLC (Total Lawn Care)

9. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

how about MasScapes: Massachucetts Lawn & Landscape Contractor!

10. betterview2

betterview2 LawnSite Member
    from mass

thanks for all the advice you guys have been really helpful i made a list and now im crossing a bunch off i have narrowed it down i like the MasScapes i was also thinking Oakhills landscaping, Wintercreek Lawn & Landscape, and Rockridge Landscaping still a work in progress no real hurry i got all winter but once again thanks for the help