1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I need a new dealer!

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by PaulJ, Jul 22, 2006.

1. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

My hustler dealer has decided to close and take a 9-5 job. They were doing a great business but had no family time. So I looked at the next closest dealer 50 miles in the opposite direction. (the closing is also 5 miles away)
    I was not impressed. It's a small hardware store and the guy who sells the mowers wasn't there. (he drives a truck also) they send their service work to another guy who used to work there but opened his own shop. I went to see him and he really didn't know anything about the hustlers but did mention that the guy selling them was trying to sell that part of his business. The one selling mowers did call me the next day and said he could get any parts i needed but I am not holding my breath. I just didn't get a very confident feeling from the whole situation. I think there are only two or three more hustler dealers in the whole state and they are well over an hour drive one way. The next closest to the north is Avon SD I think and West I have no Idea.
    I talked to my dealer here who does most of my service work and I buy most other equipment from, but they have no interest in adding another line. (currently carry toro, ariens/gravely, dixon, scag, encore, and do a tone of murry and mtd service work)
    Any chance of some new dealers being set up in east central NE?