1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I need a new Logo

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jphag, Nov 15, 2007.

1. jphag

jphag LawnSite Member

Any websites of a place to design a logo on line.
  2. Southern Signature

Southern Signature LawnSite Member

You might want to check these sites out... logomaker.com and sleeklogo.com and if all esle fails just go to google and type in logo design and all kinds of stuff will come up. good luck
  3. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

I don't know a whole lot abou where to get logos, but I do know a little about what not put put on them, in terms of proper English grammar.

Don't laugh! I've seen more than a few contractors from different trades spend big $$$ on magnets, stickers, business cards, brochures, etc. just to find out later that they made a huge mistake in their 'possessive' on their name, and thus damaging their chances with business from the perspective from the literate prospect.

A good example is a name like 'Lawn Masters'. (I'm sorry if I picked someone's real name)
    Every spring, I see trucks come out with magnets or stickers that might read Lawn Master's
    What's wrong with that, you say? It translates to Lawn Master is or, maybe, an object or thing that actually belongs to a person called Lawn Master! ...in other words, it's WRONG, and the owner ends up later being made aware of it by someone (sometimes embarrassingly by a customer) and spending LOTS of jack to have all their stuff redone.

Where can the apostrophe be used? After a name, of course!
    Smith's Mowing is an example of a perfectly fine possessive.

(...and it's not like I'm any English ace! I had to re-do my Sophomore english 3X in high school. Not because I am stupid, though. It's because I absolutely didn't care then.)
  4. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

In the example on the last post, the correct grammatical usage is simply Lawn Masters.
  5. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member

I couldn't help but laugh...I was remembering a couple of years ago, I wanted to have some t-shirts made. I also wanted a neat logo, something that looked professional. The graphics artist at the screen print shop said she could help me out. I thought, sure, that would be great. So, she e-mails me the artwork sample and the logo was a clip art of a push mower, rake, and manual hedge trimmer. i was like ummmmm...that's not what I had in mind. That's not very professional!!! I couldn't help but laugh about it...
  6. badassgrass

badassgrass LawnSite Member

JP: We have one that was created for us that we are not going to use (family member is a graphic artist). PM me if you want it.
  7. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member