I need a new mower\and some help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nspa, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Nspa

Nspa LawnSite Member

I need a new mower. In my area they sell, toro, hustler, exmark, bobcat and a few different brands (but these are the main ones).I could travel about 2hours away where there is a dixie chopper dealer. I want the best mower, I am going to demo, but I just want some advice. ;)

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Go see Lambert @ Spear Street Mower, he will let you demo a Hustler, compare it to the others and let us know what you think.

Pj

3. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

I assume you are in the market for a rider if you are looking at Dixie Chopper. All of the companies you mentioned make a good commercial product. I would recomend that you first decide exactly what size and motor you want and then find a machine that fits your needs. I do recomend shopping as close to home as possible. All mowers will break and you don't want a 2 hr drive to the dealer. You might want to investigate the dealer as much as the machine. Make sure they are large enough and stock a good assortment of parts and accessories. A dealer may promise you fast repair service to get the sale but remember once they are busy you have to wait like everyone else. I would talk to several dealers and buy where you feel most comfortable.

Paul