I need a new weedwhacker. Tanaka ??????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheBigGW, Jun 16, 2008.

1. TheBigGW

TheBigGW LawnSite Member
    from MA

I was thinking on going with a Tanaka. I was wondering what people thought of them and any other line of weedwhackers thanks

2. MCLC

MCLC LawnSite Member
    from STL

I checked on the Tanaka site and they do not list or sell "weedwhackers".

3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

If you have a dealer close then tanaka should be fine. We run echo equipment with good success. We have 2 SRM-230 trimmers and 1 is 5 years old and the other 3 years old with no issues. We just ordered a new PAS-265 that will be here wednesday.

4. TheBigGW

TheBigGW LawnSite Member
    from MA

Excuse me for useing the wrong WORD...my mistake the Tanaka String Trimmer Is that better I think that everyone understood what it was that i was looking for but thanks for your 2cents it is appreciated.

5. TheBigGW

TheBigGW LawnSite Member
    from MA

thanks for the info

6. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

never did understand the term 'weedwhacker'... well, I understood it, but it sounds funny.

to me it was and has always been a 'trimmer', but weedwhacker makes sense too.... hahahah

love seeing it on flyers....

"Mowing, edging, weedwhacking, and blowing...":laugh::laugh::cool2:

btw....

Stihl....
    I beat the ever living sh*t outta mine.... rain, sun, throw em', kick em'....high weeds, low weeds..... suckers still run like new.

7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Weedwhacker....hmmm, similar in nature to a bushwhacker?

8. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Takaka has been very good to me the 2501 is awesome and the head is the best that i have used

9. jim163

jim163 LawnSite Member

either get a redmax, or just save your money and get the ryobi.

10. MCLC

MCLC LawnSite Member
    from STL

Forgot the :rolleyes:

Anyway, I use a Shindaiwa 242 and really like it with the Shindaiwa Speed-Feed head, but I am thinking to switch to Stihl trimmer, maybe the 110 when the time comes to replace and get a Shindaiwa Speed-Feed head for it, same with the rest of the hand helds, mainly because of the Stihl dealer, the Shindaiwa dealer I use has been really under stock this year and that makes me a little nervous.
    No Tanaka dealers around where I am, so there, at the end of the day you may want to look at what is available in your area and how important dealer support is to you. That makes it .04C

Good luck.