i need a quick review of the br600

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass disaster, Apr 27, 2009.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i might be getting a big clean-up job that might require one of these. i usually just use the bg85(? i think) or use my dad's older stihl 420(?maybe)

are they planning on comming out with anything bigger anytime soon?

have thay changed anything from last year? so i don't get an old version?

what can i expect to pay for one of these?

2. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

I have a friend who just started an LCO.

He was a fan of Stihl products...he bought a br600.

We compared it to my 2008 RedMax ebz8001.

The redmax could blow way more volume than the Stihl....plus could start a hell of a lot easier.

He took the BR600 back, and told them it sucked....and bought a different blower from the same dealer.

He now has a 2009 Redmax ebz8001, that blows harder than mine.

The only blower I would even consider getting besides a EBZ8001, Is the Shindaiwa EB802. It has the best overall specs of all the bp blowers.

My findings with stihl products is that they are hard to start, and basically suck.-(just my 2 cents)

Now all the Stihl guys are going to jump on me, but i don't care...I know my facts. Go to a dealer that sells BOTH OF THEM...they will tell you which one is best.

Both blowers cost around 500 smackers.

Plus It looks like some spaceage homeowner backpack blower...with a stupid gas cap and other dumb placement on the features.

My redmax starts on the 2nd pull everytime when it's cold...after its been ran...It starts by the half pull.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  3. Greenboy24

Greenboy24 LawnSite Senior Member

I'll never buy a stihl, all shindaiwa and redmax for me, bad experiences with stihl

4. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

YUP.....same here.

Although in the future, I wanna start looking at Kawasaki's stuff....I heard they got mad power.

5. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

there are no redmax dealers around me

6. VirginiaLawnCare

VirginiaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Im going to jump in since it seams like all the stihl haters are out. I would never buy anything besides stihl and have NEVER had a problem with any of them starting I own a br600, fs90, 2 110s, 420c and have nothing but good things to say about all of there products! The BR600 is powerful more then enough to do a big clean up job.

7. sandman23

sandman23 LawnSite Member
    from GA

I own all Stihl as well. 2 BR600, 2 FS110, 1KM90. Never have problems. Can't beat the reliability and performance of the BR600.

8. TheC-Master

TheC-Master LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have a 600 but I've had nothing but great service from my products.

9. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I just demoed a kawasaki blower this past weekend. I don't know the model, but it was their biggest. It had some power to it but I didn't think it was as much as it would seem. The BR550 I had with us that day did better than the kawasaki. And the kawi was very uncomfortable, after 20 minutes I my shoulders hurt. I finally had enough that I switched back to my smaller stihl BR340. Maybe it might work for you, but it was definately not for me.

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Where do you get this reliability information.......the local dealer has many many BR600 units that are blown. Units that are run under heavy use just are not holding up. Those valve and gasket problems are not solved.....now the BR420 is a reliable unit. I expect a unit to run around 5 to 10 years without an engine problem and Echo can do that and maybe other manufactures but BR600 is not in the mix.