I need a ramp to replace my tailgate

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by outrunjason, Feb 9, 2010.

1. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

I don't even know how to search for this. Here is what I am looking for.

I don't want to put a landscape bed on my truck.
    [​IMG]

I would rather just remove the tailgate and put one of these folding ramps in it's place. Problem is I don't know what they are called.
    [​IMG]
    Some of these ramps I have seen actually attach to the tailgate and bend in the middle. Some are spring loaded.

2. overtime mp

overtime mp LawnSite Member

Best thing would buy or make a gate and weld it to the truck. Making sure when you weld it up that you can take it off then put tailgate back up.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Are you look for something like USA ramps make. You can leave the tail gate on and put the ramp into the hitch receiver.

4. outrunjason

from dallas

I didn't find usa ramps but it does bring up some other selections that I am looking at now. But I bet shipping would have me looking local.

5. outrunjason

from dallas

This might work but I just don't want to drive around with it on my truck when I am not working but I guess I would have to do that. Also It would give me some more room in the bed.

http://www.discountramps.com/tailgate_ramp.htm

[​IMG]

I have that same motorcycle to.

6. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

The higher up your bed sits, the longer you'll want your ramp.

7. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

what are you wanting to put in the bed?

8. outrunjason

from dallas

Well I had an 8x10 trailer for the longest time. Then went to a dual axle 14' landscape trailer. I am going to put all my commercial accounts on one day and then the rest of the week just use the truck bed.

Goning to have 2 or 3 21's blowers, weedeaters that kind of stuff. Some stuff might be on top of stuff but anything is better than pulling that 14' trailer. I get about 10 miles to the gallon.

9. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

The ramp you uploaded is the ramp I was talking about. It will come detached from your hitch when you don't want to use it.

10. outrunjason

from dallas

Oh ok I thought that might have been what you were talking about. Do you know how much it weighs? Also is it spring loaded at all or do you just pick it up.