I need a website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Chris B., Dec 6, 2008.

1. Chris B.

Chris B. LawnSite Senior Member

I need a website. A few of you guys really seem to know what your talking about, so how much for a site. I just need a simple site with a few pictures.

Pm me with info.

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Define simple? Will simple do what you need it to do?

3. Chris B.

Chris B. LawnSite Senior Member

Just a couple of pages, some general info, and some pictures.

4. pullingrass

pullingrass LawnSite Member

check out homestead.com.... thats what i use... plenty of templetes. I designed mine with a blank page so thats an option as well...

www.thedetailededge.com

5. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

What does your client login do for you? How did you set that up?

6. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know much about them and my friend built mine, but I know that I use Host Department. I 'm not sure if this helps, but hopefully it does.

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

No real need for client authentication unless you are providing specific private information for each client (like bills) and/or are allowing them to pay their bill online (i.e. you are a merchant) and you want to store account info (not a good idea and very expensive). For simple sites, there is no need to "customize" the users experience (i.e. like this site), so storing user preferences is not needed.

Here are two links I pulled in response to a PM question similar to yours.

Websites In A Box:

http://www.opensourcecms.com/index.p...388&Itemid=143

Free HTML Templates:

http://www.oswd.org/

The above 2 links are good places to start. The CMS is a more robust option, but is most likely overkill for what most landscape web sites would need. The other link is just HTML templates that you can use as a base template for a site, which you can then adjust to your liking. Either option is a viable choice, but your cheapest option would probably be to just find a free template you like and modify it to fit your needs.

8. pullingrass

I'm currently getting the client logon set up right now... I'll have pages for the customer such as billing info and design progress updates.

Mike

www.TheDetailedEdge.com

9. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

That seems like a lot of work, unless you have some sort of software that will upload all your invoices and such to your client log in?

10. pullingrass

I could see it being alot of work for a lawn maintenance company where they'll have 150 customers to send bills to at the end of the month.... on average I'm loading about 2 times a day only taking about 30-45 sec. All of my work is strickly designs.

Mike

www.Thedetailededge.com