I need advice asap on a trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by scagdude, Jan 13, 2009.

1. scagdude

scagdude LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Hey guys,
    i will be purchasing a 6.5'x12' trailer with 2' sides lined with extended metal, a landscape box on the front and trimmer racks on the side as well as a ramp on the back.(it will be an open trailer) i called about a month ago to get quoted and then i called today and it was $300 cheaper!! i am just curious whether now would be the time to buy or if i should wait a couple weekes/a month or so? i am just borrowing a 5x8 right now and it only fits one of my walk behinds so it is way too small.

I need advice asap.
    thanks in advance.

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

go for it!!! if its wht you need! i would personaly go a lil bigger to get a tandum axle.

3. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Go bigger.

4. RedSox4Life

RedSox4Life LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I agree with these guys, always better to go a little bigger than you think you need.

5. seabee1

seabee1 LawnSite Member

hey man it looks like they want to deal to get a sale ,id say go bigger .see how much the will give off for cash ,green back's talk in this economy ! :drinkup:

6. jpw

jpw LawnSite Member
    from nj

I would suggest getting an enclosed trailer if you can afford it. See what kind of deal you can strike with the guy

7. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

go with a 7x16 they about $1300-$1500 only. I'd say buy now you can probably work a deal with things being slow.

8. sandy creek

sandy creek LawnSite Member

don't know where you live but I'm in La. and just ordered the same exact trailer for 1550.00, so that will give you some idea on how good a deal your getting.

9. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

So you have all this equipment and no trailer???

10. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I would go with a enclosed trailer. With all the theft nowwadays put everything in a unmarked enclosed trailer.