I Need Advice(Long Post)

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by dirtpusher, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

That is the way it worked out, why do you think they don't care if I live in the basement.

I worked all through highschool during the summer months, graduated worked for part of a year then dad and I decided we can't work together.

I still work on and off for the family business for the last 16 years.

2. alco

alco LawnSite Senior Member

Holy crap, I have never seen anyone contradict themselves as much as you do! What a loser.

3. dirtpusher

dirtpusher LawnSite Member
    from NC

Thanks for all the replies.

Dirtman: I am about 30 miles east of Charlotte, between Charlotte and Albemarle.

AWJ: I could not find construction work before. New construction pretty much stopped and that is what killed my construction company. I have never tried to get dirtwork on my own. I'm not saying that I will be able to, just that I have never tried.

I think I am going to try to find some dirtwork to do and rent a machine as needed. I am grateful for all the experience that I have learned from my Dad, but I have a family now and that is number one for me.

Here's another question for you guys- What percent of work comes from contractors and what percent comes from homeowners/individuals?

4. jonnymac

jonnymac LawnSite Member

5. stihljixxer

stihljixxer LawnSite Member

I don't post much on here but im on very often and take in the valuable knowledge and maybe the not so valueable. I've learned for sure that gravel rat is an idiot, DON'T forget who gave you life, your family doesn't owe you a dime.
    Dirtpusher if I were you I would find a day job and do your own thing on the side for a little until times are a little better in this economy. Those of who that work like mules will always have a job, you will be fine. Good luck!