I need advice on a walkbehind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Firstclasslawn, May 13, 2004.

1. Firstclasslawn

Firstclasslawn LawnSite Senior Member

I am in the ft worth area and am wandering if it is possible to by a descent 36 inch walk behind for around $1500.00 any comments or advice will be appreciated.

2. Tx Firefighter

Tx Firefighter LawnSite Member

There's always several for sale in the classifieds in the FW paper.

3. GeeVee

GeeVee LawnSite Senior Member

Not new.

You'll need twenty two hundred.

Check Lesco, they (Sheffeild) finance. You could do well with twelve hundred down and finance the rest.

4. timinkc

timinkc LawnSite Member

i have a 36" lesco 12.5hp that i've has for 9 years...still runs great

5. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

why not try a better outdoors products 36" for $499 more

6. lonnie

lonnie LawnSite Senior Member

I sent you a pm.

7. Firstclasslawn

Ok i'll check the classifieds, also are those ones you stand on any good or would you reccomend a FULL walk behind NOT one that you stand and ride on ???

8. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you are talking about a Wright Stander, they would be way out of the price range you listed anyways. Standers are much more than $1500, even used. The cheapest you will get a new commercial 36" WB for is most likely going to be $1999. Look for some used or demo models. Once you get one buy yourself a good sulky and you can stand on that, and yes a sulky would be worth it.

9. Firstclasslawn

ok what is a sulky ?????

10. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

A sulky is a stand on attachment that can be used on most any commercial grade walk behind. What it basicly is is a jointed foot plate with wheels on each side that pulls you around. That must be what you were thinking of when you said walk behinds you stand on. Most sulkies will run you about $200+.

There are a couple of compaines that make a Z that you stand on instead of sit. That is what I thought you were talking about.