1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I need advice on funds for my new business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by robbs99, Feb 14, 2006.

1. robbs99

robbs99 LawnSite Member

I'm just starting to open up my lawn care business, with power washing and snow plowing included!
    As of today, I have my IRS(ein number) and my county id. for the county I live in New Jersey.
    Also, I have 32 accounts signed for this year, without handing out none of the 5000 flyers I had printed up this afternoon. B4 anyone wonders, 20 of those accounts were given to me by my mentor who has 218 lawn accounts, with cutting grasses not being the main source of his business.
    As far as assets, I have nil to none. I'm going to buy a f250 for 800 and that will be it. I had 140,000 g's saved, but that is gone now, due to my brothers legal expenses, and I refuse to hustle the way I built that bank up. My credit is **** and I'm running out of time. Your advice is appreciated!
  2. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

If you plan on making it my first advice is to get that credit straight. If you are going to grow you will eventually need some good, new equipment and you will prbably need a loan for it. Try going to Wachovia and getting a secured credit card. It is a start.