I need feedback on Toro soft baggers!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AABHRLC, Jan 9, 2008.

1. AABHRLC

AABHRLC LawnSite Member

I have a 60" 27 hp toro z-master with a 3 bag soft bagger attachment. The mower runs fine but I have had nothing but problems with the bagger attachment itself. From the impellar inside, the bearings going out on a regular basis, to the housing itself. Has anyone else out there had the same or similar problems with their soft bagger attachments???? If so, please let me know. I am very interested in hearing your feedback!!!!!! Thanks

2. juspayme

juspayme LawnSite Senior Member

talk to my buddy frue. he has had some issues with his

3. AABHRLC

AABHRLC LawnSite Member

Can u have him leave a post or tell me the best way to contact him?

4. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I have two of them and have had pretty good luck. I have had a few bearings go bad inside and still don't understand why they won't put a greaseable bearing in there. My other issue is the latch system is junk. I use a rachet straps that I have cut all of the excess strap off of and they work awesome. I am pleased with the bagger in all it just needs a little tweaking.

5. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

I am here dude what year is it?

6. Frue

You cannot suck up stick or anything or it will cause the impeller to come out of balance. It then vibrates everything lose.

7. AABHRLC

AABHRLC LawnSite Member

I learned my lesson the hard way with the sticks. That happened twice when I first purchased it three years ago. And I agree with the grease fittings for the bearings inside, they need to change the design on that. But that is not the case. I have personally been the only one on the mower in 3 months and nothing but leaves have gone through that bagger. I made sure I wasn't paying for that mistake again! I have the problem of the housing itself cracking. It was not there the last time the impellar was replaced and its in a spot that could not have been caused by "running into things" as my local dealer claims is the case!!!! Also, the bolts on the outside of the housing where the cover is for the center bolt, constantly "vibrates lose". The first time I ever had anything fixed on it, the bolts were "over torqued", as explained by the dealer, and on the first job they came out some how, which caused it to get unbalanced and blow the new bearings! Has anyone else had problems with the housing itself? Someone locally told me that the design had been changed this year for that any many other reasons. That the current design was not sturdy enough so they made the new design more heavy duty. Has anyone else heard of this?

8. Frue

I have had trouble with the bearing but not the housing, I have not had trouble with this particular design. Sorry to say this but it sounds like the dealer when replacing the bearing.
    This design is much better than the new one. This bagger bags anything the new wont, so before you give up on it realize the new system is very poor. You cannot bag wet grass, it plugs very easily in the spring, and you will have trouble changing the belt. I have tried both baggers and will replace the bearing and the impeller every once in a while compared to not being able to bag and unclogging constantnly.
    let me know if you need anything else

9. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm getting ready to buy a bagger for my Toro Z 150 ZTR.

What are your opinions on the DFS baggers? I've heard they aren't very good, because they don't have a blower unit attached.

Thanks!

-Mitch-

10. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 48 inch z master with the double bagger.......I only use it for leaves, but it works well for me. I just hope I dont come across these problems lol.