I need help fast

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by DynaMow, Nov 11, 2005.

1. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

heres my deal this week.
    I am trying to remove a 6.5 HP B&S IC from a Troy Bilt (Piece of crap) blower.
    Question is how do I get the blower propeller off of the engine shaft.
    I am putting engine on a Little Wonder that someone gave me with a blown motor. I got that motor off by running a 3/4 x 10 bolt into propeller to push off engine, troy bilt not set up like this. Any help would be great as I am trying to get this done tonight as to have a decent blower for tommorrow. Thank you

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I've never taken one of these off but if you post the model # I'll look it up right quick.

3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Pic would be nice to see what you are up against, but a flywheel puller of some sort may work.

4. DynaMow

Model # 24A 654B766

6.5 B&S IC Horizontal shaft

Thanks Rob

5. Restrorob

They are asking for the serial # also ......Sorry I've never used the on-line manuals.

6. DynaMow

Serial # 1I284G70157

I went to online manuals but could not find service manual, but you probably know better then me

7. Restrorob

OK Les, They said service manuals but all it was is owners manuals. I'm sorry I can't be of more help. If the old unit is trash maybe you could take a torch to the blower housing and get it out of the way then get a couple pry bars behind it and loosen the center bolt just a little and hit it with a hammer. Of course spray it with some wd40 or something. You may try this through the output duct first.

Sorry again

Attached Files:

8. DynaMow

well Rob thank you for the help you did provide, I always am appreciative of your assistance. The unit isn't junk per say, it works like junk but new unit, want that motor for this season then I will upgrade to a 10 horse, put old unit back together and give to my brother for his property. Thank you

9. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

If you can wait till mon. I/you can get the info from MTD in Cleveland.
    Just call and ask for tech and they will have someone that can help. Troy is owned by MTD now.

10. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

I put a call in to my friend who is a big wig at mtd hopefully he will call me back tonight.