I need help from my peers...please?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Soupy, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Ok, here the deal, last year I bought a digital camera, but it was to late in the season to get any good pictures. I need some good pictures to make a door-hanger. I want to take a few and make a collage. So only a portion of the picture would be used. I will post a couple of pictures that I have, so you can get an idea of the quality of work I do. These pictures were taken between last years drought and fall leaves falling. That is why they are not as good as I would like.

I have shared a lot of info with people on this site through emails. I'm hoping you guys will have the heart to share a lending hand to me.

I know this kinda thing is frowned on some times, But at least I'm asking.

My email is soupy@charter.net
    Thanks,
    Soupy

2. Soupy

here's another, I actually lent that first one to a lawnsite member last week for a project. If I can help anyone with the limited photos I have. Feel free to email me soupy@charter.net

3. trying 2b organic

trying 2b organic LawnSite Senior Member

the quality of pics are good and the lawns look great. The composition and angle of the pics could be better. a collage might be too much for a door hanger, one great pic might be better. What software, publisher?

4. Soupy

I posted a contest at www.designoutpost.com to have the design made. I'm going to have them printed at www.postcardwharhouse.com

Yea, the angle is bad and I need more then just the two. well that is actually the same lawn. It has irrigation, which is rare around here. If I would have bought the camera before the drought last year. I would be ok. I'm having the same problem for my web site. But I can always throw some more pictures on it in march or april.

Thanks,
    Soupy

5. laxplaya37

laxplaya37 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Hey Soupy I really appreciate the help you and other have provided me on this board to get up and started. Best of luck to your door hangers, web site and all that good stuff.
    Once again thx

Gideon

6. Johnny

Johnny LawnSite Member

Soupy,

Those are pretty nice pictures, especially the first one. I think you already have what you need. Use the first picture with the white house (with the owners permission of course). I think that would look great on a door hanger. If you put too many pictures on one page, they might be too small and lose their appeal. With your new logo and the first picture, you will be looking good.

7. Soupy

I also forgot to mention that my pictures are not able to be blown up to fit the layout and still look good. especially that first pic. It makes the house look way to tall.

I'm going to post a mockup of the website that is being created. You can see my designer made due with the pictures I have.By the way, this is not finished.

8. Soupy

lets try again..

9. Soupy

Johnny, you will notice I had the logo design changed just a little for the web template. I'm still going to have the grass guy on top for everything else. It just wouldn't fit good on the website the other way.

I only posted the pictures hoping it would lend me a little credibility :)