I need help getting customers........

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by gdub, Apr 8, 2006.

1. gdub

gdub LawnSite Member

So far I have passed out around 500 flyers and haven's gotten a single call. I might try a paper ad, but since there are around 20 other mowing companies in my local paper, I don't know if that is worth it.??? Any help is appreciated. Also, if anyone in the Kansas City area is looking to get out of residential accounts, give me a call: Garrett 804-0203

2. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

There is a topic on this site called "networking with others" Try posting there. If someone in your area gets to busy maybe they will refer you some work. Mean time, pass out more flyers. i have already passed out 4,000 and gonna pass out another 2,000 this week.

3. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Try door hangers I have gotten a little over a 2% response rate. The ones I use are from Nebs.com just the plain old cheap ones. Oh yeah come up with a catchy slogan it helps.

4. kosty

kosty LawnSite Member

well i had 30000 post cards come out today and so far one call from the postcard. i hope they work or i just lost 1500

5. plantzpropertymanagement

plantzpropertymanagement LawnSite Member

flyers suck word of mouth will get you the most work once you start doing a few jobs you will stat getting more jobs all i have is a ad in the phone book thats it dont waste your money on a bunch of advertising.

6. RandyAndSons

RandyAndSons LawnSite Member

The phone book is ok but the way i get the most jobs is from the locol paper everyone reads it every day and i think that is the way to go for my area any way. If you do run an ad in the papper just make sure your ad stands out and make it simple that is the key. The smaller ads get the most att:. People think you are cheaper than the rest and you get the bid first and make sure when you get the call you dont give your Hr rate over the phone that is bad dont do it!!!!!!!!!!! good luck.

7. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I have not spent a penny (beside the normal monthly website fee) on advertising this year and I am up 25% in customers just from referrals. It seems that it you do quality work.....they come to you....

D

8. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

come up with a logo and company name people won't forget and people won't see those other lawn care company's in the paper. you also need to pick an area you most likely what to mow at and drop of door hangers every two weeks. people will remember your name and call you first. it has worked well for me. 2 clowns mowing

9. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

You could do what a lot of my competetion is doing here,cheap prices, and crappy work.

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

dress and look sexy

don't overdo it lol