I need help.. Just came from Princess Auto

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by Loooogie, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Loooogie

Loooogie LawnSite Senior Member
    from YORK

I am looking for a pump for a system I am making my self. The staff at Princess Auto were not much help and now I am really confused.

I just want a pump that will last a couple of seasons (working on the weekends). What do I need to look for, a gear pump, what specs do I want?

And where can I find a pump at a good price in the GTA.

I am not running sand.

Thanks again, you guys are great!

2. Loooogie

from YORK

I am just running black mac sealer, nothing else.

3. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

Princess Auto sells junk. I'm not into sealing, but a friend of mine just bought a pump/tank etc from somewhere in Burlington I think. I'll let you know when I see him tomorrow. Try googling it.

4. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure if they have what you need. You may have better luck at a TSC store. That sealer supply place, i gave you the link before, has the gear pumps you need too. ( will get a pic to you tomorrow, was striping all day today)

5. tedford69

tedford69 LawnSite Member

6. Loooogie

from YORK

Hey guys what is the best pump I can get for $300 - $400 bucks?

I am thinking of getting one of those pacer plastic pumps for $200 but if I can get something better, what is a couple hundred more.

Hey fellows, thanks for you help. I plan on going to Marathon in a few days.

7. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Check and see what Protect has. Marathon I doubt will have a pump that your looking for, they have quailty stuff, and they have a cut-back pump, but think it's over 1000.00
    The plastic will wear out fast, so check out a metal pump.