I need help setting up my new spray rig.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Cheryl, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I have a 2006 Tundra with the smaller bed. I think it is a 6' bed. I need to save as much room as possible on the bed. The main things I need to find are the tank, and a cap for the bed.

The tank: 100 +- gal Must fit directly behind the back window. A taller rather than wider tank would be good.

The cap: Has to have strong, deep, side cargo shelves. Also have a large bin in the back.

Any ideas on where to start looking?

2. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Lesco has a space saver , but it's a 200 gal.

3. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Cheryl,

Go To Http:www.llc-equipment.com/index.htm

They will build what you are looking for.
    Very good quality and easy to deal with!

Pete

4. Chris@CRU

Chris@CRU LawnSite Member

Cheryl,
    Neelco abd Really Innovations make the tank styles you are looking for. You can even have them customize the configuration to allow for drop tank(s) if you wish. Retail pesticide distributors are also a good source. If you are looking to save money, you can check with your local pest control companies for used. Unfortunatly, you may have reliability problems with the used units. I have had the 100 gallon tank with a 5.5 Honda engine coupled with the Hypro D150 twin piston pump in the mini trucks. It is skid mounted and obstructs no more that a tunneau cover(depending upon skid height and tank height). Forshaw Distribution carries catalogues as well as Lesco and Univar.

5. Rhett@Gregson-Clark

Rhett@Gregson-Clark Sponsor

Cheryl,

The attached photo shows our 100 gallon V-Series sprayer in a Dodge Dakota. We can easily customize if necessary to accomodate the truck cap. Feel free to contact me if I can be of help you. You can also click on the Gregson-Clark sponser link above to learn more about our products. Thanks and good luck.

Rhett Clark
    Gregson-Clark Spraying Equipment
    800-706-9530
    rhett@gregsonclark.com
    www.gregsonclark.com

V100Dakr.jpg

6. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Gregson-Clark Spraying Equipment. Talk with them first for your best bet at a quality rig for the right price.

as for truck caps a 'Gem Top' brand, steel construction, you design what you need (windows or not, shelving, height of cap etc.)
    you can check them out at
    http://www.americanvan.com/

7. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

What is the price for the 100 gal and the 200 gal.? Do you get spray gun with the unit?

How does the equipment components compare to lesco's space saver?

Is there a company in Kansas City that sells your equipment or is shipped to a persons house and what is the price to ship to kansas city.

How long does it take to get parts?

What is warranty on the unit?

8. Rhett@Gregson-Clark

Rhett@Gregson-Clark Sponsor

DLS1,

Our model V-100 ST (100 gallon) sells for $ 3,074 and the V-200 ST (200 gallon) sells for $ 3,197. Both units are identical except for tank size. A Chemlawn Gun with nozzle is included and others are available. We use a Hannay 12-volt reel capable of holding 400' of 1/2" hose. We also include a complete 6 guage wire assembly to power the reel from your truck battery. This includes a circuit breaker and quick disconnect which is very convenient if you need to take the sprayer on and off the truck often. The engine is a Honda 5.5 HP powering a Udor Kappa 43 GR pump (12.5 gpm, 560 psi). The hose reel can mount opposite the pump and engine for pick up truck installation or underneath the pump and engine for flat beds and enclosed body trucks. We also offer modular add-on tank assemblies enabling you to have increased capacity and or separate solutions on board. We sell direct in most parts of the country. We can ship to your house with a lift-gate truck or you can pick up at the nearest terminal. As manufacturers we always have replacement parts in stock ready for same day shipping. Spraying equipment for the green industry is our only business so if you need to call our office you will be able to immediately talk with someone who knows your equipment and can help you. Our V-Series sprayers come with a 2-YEAR WARRANTY. If you call with your zip code I can provide an exact freight quote. My apologies for sounding like a big long commercial but it is hard not to and still answer your questions. Thanks for your interest in our products.

Rhett Clark
    800-706-9530

9. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Go with the Gregson-Clark. Their equipment is well designed and built. Their customer service is outstanding and Rhett is a pleasure to deal with.