I need help tell me what you think ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SuperFast, May 20, 2005.

1. SuperFast

SuperFast LawnSite Member
    from Tenn

This is my homemade striping kit what do i need to do to make it better i put the
    weed eatter string on it to help me get it on my trailor if i don't pull it up it gets stuck haha or any advice on the yard ?

oo.jpg

pp.jpg

jj.jpg

2. SuperFast

from Tenn

here is a side view

kk.jpg

3. SuperFast

from Tenn

Anyone have any useful advice ?

4. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like you're not cutting high enough to stripe, or not enough pressure on the grass.

Looks like your blades are dull, tan cast on the top of the blades of grass.

Could be just the pictures, hard to say without seeing the lawn in person.

5. SuperFast

from Tenn

It is a horse mat i bought it at TSC and the bar a person at the dealer made it for me

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

It doesn't look too bad. I know that my Toro has the striping kit mounted to the back of the deck. You could probably cut that rubber and mount it on the deck to see if you get a different look. Just a thought.

7. SuperFast

from Tenn

i tryed that and the roller wheels on the back catch. and the wheel don't touch the gate getting on the trailor and i had to cut it off after i mowed one yard and getting stuck on my gate it was funny people watching me as they went by

8. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Better grass. What type are you cutting? It lookes as if the grass is just comming out of dormancy or needs some fert and water. Brown does not stripe good. Green does because the grass shines.

9. SuperFast

from Tenn

K31 grass here is a picture from todays work it looks a lot better with the full shot of the yard i had to crop the Or. picture

jj.jpg

10. heavenlydeere

heavenlydeere LawnSite Member

looks ok , youve had as much success as i have with my homade striper, flaps and chains just dont seem to work good, rollers are the best. dont you love the heck out of that huskvarna trimmer line? great stuff!!!