I need help! What is this called

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by googles, Mar 21, 2005.

1. googles

googles LawnSite Senior Member

here is a pic of the part i broke while putting on my header gasket. I cant order the part because i dont know what it is called. Does anyone know what it is called and where i can order it.

2. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

Going to need a little more info on this. What is it on? And where do all the pipes go. From what little I can see it looks like it may be part of the anti-smog system. The pipe looks to be copper but I am think that soldering it would not last long because of the heat. Now if you know some one in the heating and air business I bet they could patch it. Finding a way to patch it may be your best bed. From the looks of it I am wanting to say that is going to be a dealer only item meaning you will have to pay 5 prices for it from the dealer. Check you local junk yard. And use a lot of WD-40 or something on these tubing nuts they look awful rusted. Goo luck

3. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

That is an 'air injection manifold(pipe) ', and it is a part of your emission control system.

It carries air to the exhaust manifold to burn off unburned fuel.

4. googles

googles LawnSite Senior Member

where can i buy it?

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I had mine on a 2.8 v6 chevy break or corode, heck they were 20 years old. Anyway I picked up a set at Car Quest Auto parts. I would think Napa or most parts places would have them and they were reasonably priced I thought

6. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, the auto parts stores sell replacements. If you want, go to a mechanic or welding shop and they can BRAZE the pieces together. Check it out both ways, price wise.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Have it tig welded. If you try hard enough you can twist :realmad: off the other nuts and you will need the exhaust manifolds to :angry:

John