I need help with a new business name please vote!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Dancer, Feb 11, 2005.

?

New business name! Which one ?

1. Solo Lawncare

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. Northstar Lawncare

36 vote(s)
    97.3%
  1. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

I need to change my business name so these are the two names I am down to! Please vote.

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I am not keen on Solo Lawncare. It implies that you will be working solo, which may be the case at this point, but will you always be solo???

Out of the two I would pick Northstar, but I'm not the craziest about it, unless there is a reason you picked it. Example like if "northstar" is the area you will be servicing.

3. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah.....what she said.

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

What she said... again lol.

5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry but I also agree....they both sux

6. Turf Dancer

OK well I am flat out of ideas ! Anyone have any suggestions ? Those were about the only two that people have given me that does not totally make me sick to my stomach and the rest were already being used in Oregon or Washington!

7. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I couldn't agree more.

8. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Are you willin to use part of your name or your initials?
    Do you do just lawn care or just landscaping, or both? Do you do snow removal? Landscape maintenance?

What all types of services do you offer?
    what is the name of your town or area?

Things like this will help us help you pick a name.

9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I actually like using the owner's last name just as long as the last name isn't a real hard one to remember or is too difficult to spell. Then afer your last name add what you are going to specialize in. Whether it be just lawn care, or lawn and landscape services etc....
    Also, you might want to try and incorporate the name of the area where you will be working in as part of your company name. Pendleton's Lawn Services or Pendleton's Landscape Services......

10. Turf Dancer

My problem is that I do Lawn Care and Landscape maintenance in Oregon but I am getting started in Washington within the next three weeks doing both maintenance and Landscaping. I just got my bond and I am waiting for my Washington Landscape License. I am not licensed in Oregon because I am still trying to study for all the tests in Oregon, plus in my area it is not a real great market in the Landscape installs and such. I can't have a trailer or truck lettered using Landscaping in the business name because once I cross the state line coming into Oregon from Washington I am violating state landscape laws (advertising or landscaping without a state license). I can use landscape maintenance, or lawncare in the name. I just cannot use the term Landscaping due to Oregon Laws being really stupid. At some point I am looking at getting my Oregon License. Just not right away. I would use my last name but it sucks in a business name!