I need help with an estimate

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kps2389, Jul 12, 2007.

1. kps2389

kps2389 LawnSite Senior Member

I just started mowing lawns this year I need to give an estimate on a lawn. It is about 2 acres and there is about 20 minutes worth of trimming. How much should I charge? Thanks -Kyle

2. Zaro T Man

Zaro T Man LawnSite Member

Sounds like one of my lawns. Mine is 2.5 Acres with 10 minutes of trimming and 5 minutes pushing. It takes me 1 hour and 30 minutes to so this lawn. I charge $75.00 which equals out to right around $40.00 per hour. I like to stay as close to that number or higher as I can.

3. ferris_1972

ferris_1972 LawnSite Member

I have always tried to stay at about a dollar a minute.

4. acm8705

acm8705 LawnSite Member

I agree with a dollar a minute. If anything I would estimate high and after the first cut, lower the price. If the customer accepts your high estimate and then after your first cut you lower the price, the customer will be very happy and consider you an honest man. I've done this many times and it works wonders.

5. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

I would think if your a solo operator and depending on your equipment that somewhere around $90-$100 for cut trim and blow. Best of Luck.

6. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

I guess a lot depends on your market.

I have a couple of accounts like that and I get $125 and $145.

7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

1 million dollars!

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

you guys are bidding wayyyy too Cheap....

How the Heck are ya staying in Business

9. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a million and a half minimum. I don't drop the gate for less than 1.5. You bunch of lowballers.

10. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Dude, Come on! This is basic stuff. What do you need to make per hour? Take that number and multiply by about how long you think it will take. Magically, you have what you should charge.
    Only you know your costs.