I need help wording a sympathy card.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by dfor, Mar 28, 2004.

1. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I have a customer who I need to send a sympathy card to. One of their children committed a murder, then suicide.
    In the card I will put something like, "I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time". Does that sound ok being what the circumstances are?
    Also, I normally call each customer right about now. I don't really feel comfortable calling them. I was thinking of sending a seperate note saying something like, "Dear Mr. & Mrs. X, I will continue to service the lawn this spring as I have for the past (x) years. Feel free to give me a call if needed."

Please let me know if I should change any wording. Or how the wording should be. Thanks.
  2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Sounds good to me. I'm sure they will appreciate it, show's that you actually care about your customers, that goes along way.
  3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Dfor,

Here is a site that has many sympathy cards for examples. Maybe it will help you?
  4. missytheaccountant

missytheaccountant LawnSite Member
    from Bama

I think it is mightly thoughtful of you and your words seem well chosen. I am sure it will be greatly appreciated.