I Need Help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by McClain, Jan 30, 2006.

1. McClain

McClain LawnSite Member

I have a chance to bid on a job that is over 1 mil. sq ft and it includes mowing, trimming and blowing. Yearly contract paid by the month. Flat ground not many obstacles in the way just a lot of land and it most be finish cut.
    talked to the client and he would not give me around about price but he said that my $4062.00 per cut that i came up with was close. this is blowing my mind please help...........................

2. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Lets see - that would be about $185 per acre. If you don't take it your crazy - I am assuming 1,000,000 sq. ft. = about 22 acres or a bit more. That correct.

3. McClain

McClain LawnSite Member

Yes 1,000,000 sq ft. i bid it at .004 sq ft is that correct...but now in the winter i wont have to cut at all so how do i figure this?

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I can't even IMAGINE someone paying $16,000 a month to keep 23 acres cut.

5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

More like $4062 / MONTH, not per cut.

6. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, probably so. I doubt he would pay $185 an acre to get it mowed which is what $4062 a cut comes to.

7. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

OK - I think I may understand where you are coming from - I do not think you do however. A 6000K yard x .004 = $24 per mow. I do not even unload for less than $35, But YOU MUST UNDERSTAND that when you start getting into wide open large spaces, the trimming is zilch, you only turn every millenium instead of every 10 seconds, so the pricing had better reflect the ability to mow WAY more acres per hr. than you can on 6K yards with 3 buildings to trim around, drives, sidewalks etc.

In my area, $30 per acre on this size is maybe going to get the job.That adds up to $660, Not $4000+

8. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

If this is a wide open area $35.00-$40 an acre is competitive but still probably to high. He probably thought the $4K was a per month price which would be good money for a property like that. Assuming he thought your first price was per month , give a quote of $32-$35 an acre and see what he says.

9. McClain

McClain LawnSite Member

Dallas area a finish cut acre w/a lot of trim, a lot of blowing and the trash is approximately $88.00 an acre. Sorry if I did not explain it good.
    the sq. ftage is 1,869,868 im doing it for .002 cents per sq. ft.
    if I was doing it for $35 an acre I would have to close my doors at .0008 cents a sq. ft. Thanks for the input.........

10. lawn_pro

lawn_pro LawnSite Senior Member

Did you get the contract?