I need help...

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Workinforgreen, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Workinforgreen

Workinforgreen LawnSite Member

I've got a problem with my mower... It's nothing big it's a Murray Lows type or something... and It's got like a 36-40 inch deck . It's a rider.... My mowebr deck were the Right side pulley that connects to the blade is loose. Like i can move that shaft around as if the bearings are shot... and a lil ball poped out when i noticed the problem I was wondering how hard that would be to fix myself were i'd need to pick up the bearings and how much it may be to have it fixed by a mower repair place... I need help quick guys if yall would get back with me i've got to cut a few yards this weekend.... thanks a bunch for any comments

Dustin

2. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

doesn't look like they're biting right now.

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

As the third thread down from the top says model numbers would have been nice, But I will take a stab anyway.
    Most of these cheapo tractors you replace the whole spindle housing assembly (Murray, MTD, AYP) and call it a day. They range anywhere from 30.00 to 100.00, I charge 1/2 hr to replace one at 50.00 hr. There is really nothing to it for the do it your-selfer, Just unbolt the old one and install the new one.

4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Guess murray doesnt weld theirs to the deck? :weightlifter:

5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Just in case you didn't see the last post in that Proline thread, One CAN stick weld aluminum sooo on a POS mower
    :hammerhead: