I need help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Flyerwillmow4u, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Flyerwillmow4u

Flyerwillmow4u LawnSite Member

I have a small company here in my home city and i have a John Deere 717 Z Trac. I have a chance to by a bagger for it (the one made for it from Deere) at a considerable savings to a brand new bagger. I was wondering if anyone else has one and how they like it. I know alot of people hate to have to stop mowing to empty the bags, but i am OK with that. It makes the cut clean when you bag it. I used the mower all last season and didn't bag all of it but i did bag some with a different mower at the end of the job and it looked good. Any feed back? Thanks!

Scott

2. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

It depends on the bagging system you are getting. If it is the new MCS system that just came out last year I would go for it. I have the system and works very well. Only negative is that it is a spindle driven system and you will probably get alot of bogging down with a 19 horse Kaw. to run it.

3. Flyerwillmow4u

Flyerwillmow4u LawnSite Member

I am not sure about the MCS system, but yes it is driven by the right spindle. I was wondering if i would have problems with power running the mower and the bagger. The grass i cut is not that thick to where it would pose a problem i don't think. Thanks for the info though!

4. Billy Joe Mcguffee

Billy Joe Mcguffee LawnSite Member

If your concerned about power the best thing to do is make sure your air filter is clean and you have a fresh set of plugs. These two items can really effect engine performance. Also have the engine tached and if necessary bump the rpm's a few hundred. You want to make sure the engine is turning at full speed with the blades engaged and bagger running but not necessarily in grass. You'd be suprised how much power you can get back into an engine with just a few maintenance items.