1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

i need help

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LHSlawnman86, Aug 15, 2004.

1. LHSlawnman86

LHSlawnman86 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

hey averybody, there was just a new little shopping center built really close to my house and the grass hasnt grown yet and i dont think they have a lawnservice. my question is how does a 15 year old get a commercial account?

please help
  2. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

Unfortunately you probably won't be able to. Most commercial accounts require insurance and a contract (especially malls). You can't get insurance because you are too young, and a contract can not be considered legit since you are too young.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Your only other option would be to have a parent or other family member "own" your business until you are a legal adult. Then they could get the insurance coverage and all that good stuff. I'm sure you do good work, but I kinda doubt most commercial properties would want to deal with a 15 year old. Stick with the residential for now, IMO.