I need Ideas to cover cinder blocks

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Lawn Pros, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Lawn Pros

Lawn Pros LawnSite Member

Im thinking stone or brick and the only issue is im limited to 1" think. could I use pavers or can you get 1/2" thick bricks. what is a good price for materials per SQ ft

2. sodgod

sodgod LawnSite Member

what area is it in? how much? tall wide? type of place? (patio, side of the house)

3. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

What about stuccoing the block? Or using a concrete stain. I just did it and it looks 100% better

4. Lawn Pros

it's a block foundation

5. Keni

Keni LawnSite Member

Ive done a few jobs on cinderblock foundation walls and have used a product called U Trowel. Its great stuff and when mixed with bonding agent stick to anything. It comes in several colors and is just troweled on. It leaves a coat of about 1/4" and has the appearence of Stucco.

6. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

also a product calles "sure wall" can be trowled on for the stucco look.

also a venieer of slate, etc would look awesome.

7. Lawn Pros

thanks for the suggestions I will pass them own keep them coming but I think the homeowner is wonting a brick like application if we can come up with a solution.

8. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

You can buy brick that is about 3/4 of an inch thick. Go to your local masonary supply company and ask.

9. Lawn Pros

I stopped by Lee brick a few days ago and they said they do not sale thin bricks. I will call back and see if they can order some or direct me to a source. I'm new to hardscap and don't know my sources for product.

10. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Find a local mason contractor and ask him. I would sub that type of project out to a mason contractor as it can be tricky to get veneer size things to stick to the foundation, and it will turn out better.