i need insurance HELP HELP HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by eftob, May 18, 2002.

1. eftob

eftob LawnSite Member
    from nj

i would like to start a lawn service but i would like to get insurance. can you tell were i can get liability insurance. i am in NJ. YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT mastermaster08052@yahoo.com

2. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Contact your auto ins. agent and ask him if they offer liability ins. for businesses. If not I'm sure he can point you in the right direction. Good Luck.

3. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Unless they do things differently in NJ, try the yellow pages or go to a search engine and put "business insurance" in your search. Make sure your underwriter is reputable and licensed in NJ. Good luck.

4. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

5. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Some are slimy and will sell you anything even if it doesn't meet your needs. Some carriers are afraid of snow removel, pesticide applications, working on athletic fields etc. You need underground if doing irrigation.

Another item is deductable per occurance. An arborist friend hit a wire with the bucket trruck and zapped a couple of houses. Folks suffered some damage to electronics. Insurance company wanted each home owners claim subject to my friends deductable even though it was one accident for him. Needless to say we both have our stuff written now for one deductable per accident/inicident not one per claim or something like that.

I got cancelled a few yeasr ago because a lying sneak misrepresented stuff. I hide nothing about what we do but he did. I then went with coverage by CNA through an independent agent. CNA is very good to contractors.

6. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

farm bureau!! (may not be in "gersey" though)

7. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I think Harvestman is referring to Weisburger Insurance. They are located in White Plains, NY. Your best bet is to contact Dan Troge from Weisburger Insurance. Their web address is www.weisburger.com. Hope this helps.

8. WashMoBrink

WashMoBrink LawnSite Member

Allstate in Missouri get's between $350 and $500 for a "one man band". Cost obviously gtoes up as business volume and employees grow. FYI

9. What no one has said yet. INS is based off of your revinue, plus what you add to your policy that you want covered equipment wise.