1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I need insurance information

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Total Lawn Care, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Total Lawn Care

Total Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

I am wanting to expand my lawn care services to include commercial application. I have passed the state exams here in Kansas, but as everyone knows to do this as a business you need a business license and to get a business license you need liability insurance.
    I've searched (this site) and found Amer Fam Ins. has several of the participants in this forum insured, but when I contacted one of their agents today they said they are no longer offering this insurance, and are only grandfathering in those currently with their insurance.
    Can any of you help me out with other insurance companies that are in the business to insure applicators/businesses.
    I'd appreciate any help you could give me.
    Thanks so much.
  2. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

try Safeco. I just switched to them.
  3. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

State Farm Insurance, I think 315 per year for 500k liability
  4. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Central Insurance Co.
    Cincinnati Insurance Co.
  5. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

I talked with a State Farm agent the other day and he said they cannot insure Lawncare companies? Maybe they can insure fert/pesticide applicators who do not mow?
  6. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

I just purchased Pesticide insurance through my Farmers Insurance agent . The price was very reasonable.
  7. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

My guy said the only way that they would insure the fert/pesticide was if we did mow, so we picked up a couple of small accounts to qualify.

The previous agent we had, said they didn't do business insurance any more, even had to move the truck insurance to a different company, when he retired we moved it back.
  8. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape LawnSite Senior Member

Same here 2,000,000 policy including snowplowing $850.00 a year based on 50,000 dollar profit
  9. married2dalawnman

married2dalawnman LawnSite Member
    from VA

Try Erie Insurance Company
  10. married2dalawnman

married2dalawnman LawnSite Member
    from VA

sorry i should have checked before i posted it, Kansas isn't a state they cover