1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I need landscape lighting.

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by EagleLandscape, Aug 23, 2004.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

There used to be a sponsor's button that had lighting, but I don't see it anymore.

I'm in need of some lighting for 3 Live Oak trees that are about 25-30 feet tall.

I also need some form of lighting to sit in my flower beds and go up onto my house as well as some to add a little light into the flower beds.

Any great companies out there?

I'm thinking about putting a 4-way GFCI outlet by each tree and 2 on the left side of my house and one on the right side to supply 120V power.

Is that the best way to go for lighting? Thanks.

Put all those on a 20amp circuit, I think 20amps should hold the load for all these lights (just depending on where they are from).

2. Longstar

Longstar LawnSite Member

Try Ewing1.com. They are located in Plano, they have a lot of industrial lighting and irrigation supplies.
  3. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

4. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Go with low voltage. Much easier to run, last's just as long, maybe longer.

Plus, if you cut a cable, it doesn't hurt nearly as much.:D And it's a much easier fix too.

We've been using mosly Vista and Kichler, I think our supplier has also suggested Rockwell or Rockwood, can't remember which it is. For the most part, we've been using the Vista transformers, the one Kichler we've used works fine. They are like vehicles though; they all do the job fine, but each has it's own qualities that are better than the other.

Vista's website is http://www.vistapro.com

I don't know about Kichler, but they should turn up fairly quickly in a search.