I need more Jobs

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by erdoes87, Jul 25, 2007.

1. erdoes87

erdoes87 LawnSite Member

I recently started my own lawn company and i am having trouble getting business what should I do and what kind of advertisement should i do?

I own a
    04 turf tracer ex mark 48in
    04 ex mark zero turn 60in
    echo back pack blower
    vacuum chamber
    little wounder
    homelight weed waker
    pollution pro weed waker
    a 16ft trailer
    a truck

2. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I have never heard of Pollution Pro or Little Wounder :laugh: But no doubt good brands :)

What are the conditions up there...dry? Wet? Mowing is a non-sell here now, the grass is dry. If that's the case, try to work on getting non-mowing work that'll fill your time. Hard to say what the best way to advertise is without knowing the area. If you really need calls, put an ad in the local paper and gear it toward whatever services you think might sell the best right now.

3. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

What he said....

4. Lohse's Lawn Service

Lohse's Lawn Service LawnSite Member
    from US

You definitely have the equipment to be successful, now you just need to do some "customer hunting". Post flyers, signs, or as mentioned above, an ad in your local paper. Good luck and don't give up. It's middle of the season and even though there are still plenty of people out there who need their yard mowed, your time will come.

5. backtobasicslawncare

backtobasicslawncare LawnSite Member
    from TN

Have You Passed Out Flyers Or Business Cards. They Usally Help Out If You Go Door To Door And Pass Them Out.

GOOD LUCK!!:usflag:

6. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

You can have all the customers you want around here right now, for mowing, and it won't do you a bit of good. It is drrryyyyy. Nothing to mow but a weed here and there.

Since N VA is a stones throw from here, I am assuming it isnearly the same there.

Tim

7. erdoes87

erdoes87 LawnSite Member

Its really dry hear it has rained a little but not very much

8. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Might I suggest that you start gladhanding with the local business owners. Let them know you are in business and if there is ever anything they might need to give you a call. Really put yourself out there. Everywhere you go, meet somebody new and let them know about you.