i need more yards, HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bradluvsjesus, Mar 22, 2006.

1. bradluvsjesus

bradluvsjesus LawnSite Member

I AM NOT GETTING ANY OF THE BUSINESS I HAVE EXPECTED THIS YEAR SO FAR. I HAVE PASSED OUT A BUTT-LOAD OF FLYERS AND HAVEN'T GOTTEN ONE CALL!!! WHAT DO I DO??? please feel free to write as much advice as you can for a reply, the only thing is, i don't do doorhangers, at all.;)

Attached Files:

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

It's still early, relax and go put out more doorhangers. Put out as many as you just put out, again (but someplace else, different area), you'll thank yourself later for doing it.

It usually don't hit until April 1st here in virginia, and tennessee is close enough weather-wise I would assume.
    And no, it's not an april fool's joke, for real, around april 1st the calls start, and hard. so, go put out more flyers, it'll be that much busier and you want to be very, very busy.

3. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

A lot of folks here don't even want to think about the lawn until March 21st. Paying for lawn care is an additional household expense that many people want to put off for as long as they can.

But when they realize they need you, they need you.

The phone was ringing a little today.

Have been taking care of my regulars.

It will get better with new ones.

4. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I thought I just read someone from Tn saying you guys were still pretty cold. A lot of people most likely aren't thinking about it yet.

5. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, hang in there. Only the customers that are really price shopping are out there right now. Give it a couple more weeks.

6. YotaNate

YotaNate LawnSite Member

Crap man, its been rainy and cold for the last week here in east Tennessee. Give it a couple days. The rain is going to make the grass really grow, as soon as the sun comes out.

7. CompletePropertyCare

CompletePropertyCare LawnSite Member

It's fricjekn cold here in MI, might even snow today but, I am still getting all nervous about that lack of calls

8. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

my first year, i didn't get any phone calls off of my fliers either. try experimenting with different wording, layout, etc. and keep trying. also, i had better luck concentrating on middle-income neighborhoods than upper-income. seems like in my area, the middle-income people are all too busy working to mess with their own lawns whereas the older, wealthy people have nothing else to do. i'm sure this is not universally true, but is worth considering. keep a record of what areas you flyer along with which layout was used and that will help you track the effectiveness of each. keep trying and good luck!!!!!!!!!:usflag:

9. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I was also going to say try changing up the flyer a little bit. Couldn't hurt. Also, think about some other ways to get your name out. Knock on some doors and actually talk to some people. This way you can sell your company more than a piece of paper. Be creative and try new things. You have plenty of time to lock people down before you start mowing.

10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

If your work is good and you put out a lot of fliers, in a few weeks you should have all the work you need/want! Good Luck!