i need more yards, HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by bradluvsjesus, Mar 22, 2006.

1. bradluvsjesus

bradluvsjesus LawnSite Member

HELP ME, I NEED MORE YARDS! I'VE PASSED OUT TONS OF FLYERS AND HAVEN'T GOTTEN ONE CALL! WHY CAN'T I GET ANY BUSINESS, I'M SO UPSET FOR MY NEXT YEAR! THIS IS ACTUALLY MY FIRST YEAR BEING "BIG"(NICE MOWER, ETC.). WHAT CAN I DO TO GET MO' BUSINESS? feel free to write all you want....

Attached Files:

2. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

be patient my friend. people here in TN areant quit yet thinking of mowing..... advertising right now should be a combination of things... clean ups mostly..... then also putting the bug in their ear on mowing and irrigation. try offering a "discount" for signing up before X month and day. also offer things like free "irrigation start up"-- if you know how to do it ONLY if signed up before x days. etc etc you get the hang of it... mainly though people just aint thinking about it yet.... it will come.

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Be patient,man it will hit and you will be covered in mowing.

4. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

Man quit stressing. If you are getting your name out there and you do good work,return your calls when you should, and give a reasonable price it going to happen.Spring is here whether winter likes it or not and the people will need a yardman.Set yourself a goal,and move towards it and dont give up and you will have it going on before you know it.YOU CAN DO IT!

5. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

Look at your flyer.... what sets it apart from the other 20 or so lawncare flyers each homeowner gets on their door every spring? What's going to urge that homeowner to hang on to YOUR flyer and call you!

6. EliteImpressions

EliteImpressions LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

I have to agree with bigjeeping. Change your title to "Are you ready to lose two hours each weekend?" This should grab their attention.

You have a statement that says our customers want nice lawns, dont you. Change to our customers have great looking lawns and keep two their two hours a week.

Joe

7. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I don't know about your weather yet but are's isn't that good.We are still getting Jan.& Feb. Temperatures.You have a nice looking flier and when the weather breaks people will call.In the mean time keep passing them out when ever you can.If your not working do your estimates that do come in.

8. bradluvsjesus

bradluvsjesus LawnSite Member

any more responses would be great!

9. elshauno

elshauno LawnSite Member

I used Although it may still snow its almost time to Mow on my flyers Bold face save the list of services for the backpage after your introduce yourself and your qualities experience make it a personal thing. Remember what they are thinking what do you do when you see flyers? You might notice a short catchy phrase. Say 10 dollars off third cut or first mulch. Get peoples attention first then give them something to read Not before SELL YOURSELF!

10. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Take A DEEP BREATH..DON'T PANIC..HANG TIGHT THE WORK WILL COME!!