I Need My Leaves Done by Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Darryl G, Nov 20, 2012.

1. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

I missed that one, was it left by the watercooler?

2. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Yup, maybe it fell in?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

If I get a call for a clean up or other work and I go out and meet the client for the estimate, I end it, with that I need a $25.00 N/R deposit to schedule.

That way If someone else shows up, I know they are committed and serious. If they have someone else do the work after the deposit is given, then I just received an "Estimate Fee". Also,doing that tells me who the tire kickers are and/or lets me know there might be an objection that needs answering.

4. Clippers PLS

Clippers PLS LawnSite Bronze Member

My mom always tells me....a problem on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part. its so true!

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I used to have that saying up on my office wall, just a little different. A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

The job went pretty well. My son made $350 for a few hours of work, the lady said it looks fantastic and wants me back in the spring. I'm not sure I want the job, but it's an opportunity. It was a good reminder for me of what a pain in the a$$ doing a leaf cleanup on an overgrown lawn is too.

I did end up spending a little more time helping him than I planned, but it was nice to work with him again...we work well together. He worked with me for 4 summers but I worked with his younger brother instead this last summer.