I need one of these!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, May 9, 2010.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

My brother in law (who works for Cummins as a manager) sent me these pics, oh baby, I do love the big stuff!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Spank me silly! [​IMG]

2. Blue Goose

Blue Goose LawnSite Senior Member

Uh, owner operator? :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

3. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

wow. Any guesses to the sale price of that machine?

4. t190

t190 LawnSite Member

Our Mine, which is set to open late this year. Has ordered 2-pc6000 komatsu shovels! along with 12-komatsu 240 ton trucks, 3- d375 and the biggest komatsu loader you can buy, which should be the second biggest in canada. Only 1 caT piece!?!?! 16m grader

5. Krafty

Krafty LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from St. Louis MO

hahaha I probaly couldn't even afford to turn the thing on!!

6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

They will be switching to Cat haul trucks and a Cat wheel loader. Any gravel mine that has tried Komatsu haul trucks or Loaders have gotten rid of them because they fall apart fast.

7. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant LawnSite Senior Member

It replaced a sixteen hundred, and 1200 excavator which are both currently for sale. I wanted to actually apply for a job up there but that coal seam is all going to be 115 union guys. I remember the first time I saw one in fort mac, I thought it was so huge, they the 8800 walked close to it and made it looks like a shrimmp

8. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Kinda scary how big human kind can build machines to destroy the planet.

9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

All about production get the material moved quick as you can. It would get boring after awhile loading trucks 10 hours a day.

I can't imagine how much fuel that machine would suck back with twin V-16s yes you Cummins lovers it is a V configured engine. The engines weigh 7 tons each and hold a drum of engine oil :laugh:

10. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, Ever since I saw a new CAT 328 zero swing front shovel, I've always wanted one. Thought it could get some real niche work. This is double the size, but I've had my eye on it, not like I have work/or could afford it. But it's an awesome deal, pretty young machine hours wise, and rough around the edges can be fixed. Ledges and spaces where large loaders can't turn around in the interior could really employ this thing.

http://www.ironplanet.com/jsp/s/item/245363/Front-Shovel/Hitachi/EX700-/Used/Kansas?h=2,NewSearch