I guess in a way I'm about to answer my own question but would still like to hear what others have to say. Here's the deal: New customer hired me to do some work, it was a 3-part deal: Spread some gypsum (clay buster), a minor leaf cleanup and a grass cut, all for $145. The break-down was gypsum $70, leaf cleanup $40, and grass cut $35. Ok so I did the gypsum part and left a bill for 70, then went back a week later and took care of the leaves and left a second bill for 110. Then I waited because I had this feeling, hard to describe but lets just say I never got any money from the first two bills and I waited and waited some more... The original start date (when I first did some work) was right on or about april 10 ... Because I just wasn't sure if I'd ever get paid, I didn't want to throw more good work after bad, but by saturday 6 may I got the attitude of I didn't care anymore so I went out there to go ahead and cut the grass and lo and behold, it was freshly cut by another commercial mower (yeah I can tell by the tracks it was either a Wb or a Z but anyhow)... So granted, I probably should've took care of the whole thing in short order but at the same rate I was nervous because I wasn't sure I'd get paid. Also I did tell the customer it would take 30 days for the gypsum to take effect and that before I cut the grass, I wanted to make sure the gypsum had done its job of getting into the soil. Meanwhile, I never got a phonecall but then again I never called the customer, either. I did, that saturday two days ago leave a third bill for 110 with the note 'prompt payment avoids late fee.' Now, if I don't get paid: Should I just let this one go, seeing how my delaying things and stuff...? Or, should I pursue it with a late fee and later a collection agency? In this case it's only half a matter of money, the amount is not large enough for me to be totally worried about it if you guys feel this one was my fault but yes it is large enough to make me mad if this were a case where the customer had meant to rip me off... I'm just not sure what to think, and was hoping for some opinions. I mean, the customer can argue that since the entire deal wasn't completed she was waiting for everything to be done before she paid (this wasn't clarified) but at the same rate I've been ripped off before (and on that same street lol). It's almost a coin-flip situation but I hate to be flippant about 100-some dollars, don't have a problem accepting the answer one way or another just am not sure what to do. What would you do?