I need paint for under mower decks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J.Kipp, Jan 14, 2005.

1. J.Kipp

J.Kipp LawnSite Member

:cool2: I need a paint that i can brush on the under side of my mower decks that will help with keeping the wet grass from sticking to the decks so easily. i know when your mowing wet grass it is inevitable that grass will build up but there has to be something that will make cleaning easier and possibly keep the grass from sticking to the decks so much. I used to use a graphite paint and it worked great but i cannot find the company's name or number on the net anywhere. Have any suggestions? Thanks!! :cool2:

2. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

i'd love to know, too.

3. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

What type of equipment do you have? You can probably go to your local dealer and ask if they have anything special that they recommend.

Jason

4. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

The make a graphite paint. its not cheap, and keep in mind that under your deck anything becomes an abrasive. It might last a few months but probably not that long. You can get that graphite paint at places like....damn....cant remember the name.......a farmers supply store like farmers feed and seed.

5. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

6. grass-scapes

7. Brian M

Brian M LawnSite Member
    from CT

Is that a paint or just a graphite coating that will wash or wear away quickly?

8. grass-scapes

Thats the purpose of a link. so you may go there and investigate for yourself instead of relying on others

9. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Just mow over some small brush to clean underneath. :D J/k, I hope you find what you need.

10. Brian M

Brian M LawnSite Member
    from CT

Well it doesn't say paint anywhere on that webpage just that it's a protective dry-film lubricant.
    So I guess it's not a paint.